lunes, 10 de octubre de 2011

Mission: Eggs Benedict


And in my continue effort to keep trying new stuff and learning more techniques at my own, last week I attempted my first Eggs Benedict recipe. I have never tried it before, nor making it myself or have it at a restaurant. The idea of a runny egg is just delicious. And specially if is not fried. Don’t get me wrong. For me fried food is haven, but I’m giving a try to good, tasty and healthy food.  So I embarked myself to the task. I used a regular English muffin and black forest ham. But let me tell you something, Hollandaise sauce? OH sweet mother of Jesus!! My arm ached for almost two days because of the hand whipping. But all the hard work paid off. At the end I had a great Sunday brunch, a silky poach eggs over a toast muffing with delicious ham finished with a creamy Hollandaise sauce. Even do I don’t have a reference to compare mine, I’m pretty sure it was ok or maybe great. This past Sunday I was tempted to try it in a café at Old San Juan City, here in Puerto Rico, but when I saw the price I said to myself: “really, Karla? Are you gonna paid that much for something you can do yourself?” And the answer of course was Nop. So here is the Exhibit A of one of many culinary task to come. Maybe I would never achieve my dream of become a “school” chef,  but I will keep with the self-taught journey of becoming one. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario